Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Publix deals and more

Wow!!! Publix is great this week. But I really don't "need" anything specific. How can you turn down some of those great deals though?

Betty Crocker potatoes for 7 cents. Sweet! Coffee creamer for a possible 79 cents (can't find the $1/1 coupon to make it 19 cents). Even Sweeter! Free Tylenol. YES! (Especially since I can't take anything else.)

So it looks like a small trip for me this week...approx. $46 before coupons...roughly $20-25 after if I can find the coupons I need.

I need some makeup so I'm going to hit Walgreens and CVS to see what I can do. I have to be careful with which brands I use. I wish I could use the Almay deal at Wags. Check it out! Good thing I've got $7 RR from Wags and $10 ECB from CSV burning a hole in my pocket. I'm going to need them.

What deals have you found this week?

2 comments:

PrizedPrices said...

This may have been my best week yet!

Target: Connect 4x4 game, on sale for $14.99. Used $5.00 off Connect 4x4 coupon AND $5.00 off Hasboro coupon. Total paid for the game = $4.99! I plan to try to print a few more of these coupons so I can buy more of these for the Christmas Store.

CVS: Bought Schick Quattro Titanium razor cartridges, Triaminic, and 2 Oceanspray Cranberry Sauces. Used coupons and $10.00 ECB. Total paid = $2.67 and got $3.00 ECB back.

Publix: Buggy full of groceries, but no meats or expensive items this week (didn't need anything due to a stocked freezer & pantry!). Used $18.75 in coupons. Total paid = $67.87. Total saved = $67.17. SO CLOSE!

Coupon issues at Trussville Publix: The cashier named Beth (no offense to our Beth!) wouldn't let me use a Target bakery coupon to buy a Publix bakery item. The Target coupon specifically reads "Archer Farm brand." I explained that a different Publix cashier allowed me to use the same coupon on a Publix pumpkin pie last week, so "Beth" asked the manager, and they both agreed that I could not use that coupon. But on the flip side, I tried to use a Piggly Wiggly $5 off $50 or more, and they allowed it! There are a bunch of those in addition to $5 off $25 Piggly Wiggly coupons in the Enjoy the City coupon books we bought from the Middle School last year. I plan on using one at Publix every week for the rest of the year as long as they let me!

Great week. Funny how simply driving into the Publix parking lot makes me smile.

Tiffany

BlessedByGod said...

Sweet deals, Tiff. I've used almost all of my Pig coupons this year. I have a few more $5/50s. Definitely got my money worth on that coupon booklet and will buy one for 2010.